Thursday, June 23, 2016

Happy Anniversary



Twenty-six years ago I became Mrs. Schroll.   My name changed, but more than that, my life changed.  On that afternoon, Bryan and I committed to each other for the rest of our lives.  We had absolutely no idea what or who would be a part of that journey, but we chose on that day to love each other for life. 
Today, many try to redefine marriage.  They choose to walk away from promises.  They choose themselves over another.  Our children see too many examples of marriages that fail horribly.  Culture tells them that a Biblical marriage for life is unreasonable and unattainable.  How sad. 
Bryan and I have weathered hurts and disappointments.  We have dealt with anger and loss.  We have also shared in amazing joy and have seen God’s bigness and grace.  A living thing is defined by movement and growth.  A living thing changes.  My marriage is alive.  I am not the same as I was twenty-six years ago, and I am thankful.  God continues to work in Bryan and me to shape us and grow us into who he created us to be. 
As I read through some journaling in photo books, I was reminded again of Bryan’s commitment to me, to our marriage, to our family, to God.  Day to day life gets hard sometimes.  It is the choice to work through the hard and to look for ways to reconnect that makes marriage work.  I am thankful for such a loving husband.   He laughs with me and cries with me.  He holds me when everything is falling apart.  He works hard but does not let work overtake him.  He loves me for life. 
Happy Anniversary, Bryan.  I love you more than words.  I look forward to still more years of dreaming, of adventures, of living life with you. 

No comments: