Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Another Year

Today marks another year on this earth.  My 49 years have been full.  Full of meaning, of people, of busy, of learning, of doing, of growing, of loving.
My grandparents and great-grandparents marked many years of living on earth and are now celebrating eternal life in heaven.   Forty-nine seems short given my lineage.  Yet, over the last few years, friends and friends’ family and friends have mourned lives cut shorter.  Maybe it's the fact of closing in on 50, maybe it's simply a melancholy day, but birthdays make me thankful, thoughtful.
God has numbered my days and for that I praise Him.  I fail so often to accomplish much of anything.  I am grateful that what God has started in me He will complete.
I tell my kids often that they need to be seeking God diligently for what He wants them to do.  That should not stop once that school has been chosen, job has been landed, spouse has been found, house has been bought.  You get the idea.
I want my life not to be just going through the day trying to hold on.  That is my situation often.   I want to seek God and do what his purpose is for today.  I don’t know what tomorrow means.  With a house full of kids of all ages and loads of dishes and laundry, tomorrow may mean simply caring for life.  I need to be okay with that.
I dream of tomorrows.  I get excited for my kids’ futures.  I love joy movements with my littles.  I enjoy living life with my sweetie, Bryan.
Lord, thank you for today. Thank you for my yesterday.  Thank you for all the tomorrows.  I am so glad that you have it all figured out.

No comments: