Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Keep In Step

His grin reached both ears.  His arms stretched to grasp his sister's hands.  His small feet settled precariously on hers as they walked together, one on the other, step for step with the other.  
Oh, the sweetness of littles.  Yet, these littles soon become bigs, and walking with each other becomes more of a side by side, let me walk with you, kind of stride.  
That is the picture drawn for me as I read Galatians today.  "If we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."
One would think, as a Christian we are blessed with the constant presence of the Holy Spirit.  What a gift!  Still, I make my walk so difficult sometimes as I pull away, choose a different path, a more challenging step.  The Holy Spirit never leaves my side.  God is there when I stumble or fall.  He will lift me up.  How much easier would it be if I simply reached my hands up to grasp Him tightly, place my feet squarely in His Word, and walk step for step with Him.  
Maybe, just maybe, my smile would be more evident too.

No comments: