Friday, December 5, 2014

Treasure Hunting

My latest attempt to curb the morning mayhem requires hunting for treasure - Bible treasure.
It blows me away every time.  Feet fly.  Arms wave. Words hurl.  Yet, God's Word calms.  Why oh why do I not anchor each day with it.  
Amazingly, I even get to eat my breakfast as I sit with my kids and listen to them share what treasures they have found in the Bible.  More often than not I am running in circles, demanding, cleaning, redirecting - not sitting.  Somehow, refocusing our morning settles.
It is no joke that God's Word states that he has given us everything for life and godliness.  Even food became part of our conversation as I reminded them of the treasure "whether we eat or drink, do all to the glory of God."  
I want my kids to see God's Word as the treasure it is.  Valuable.  Searchable.  Desirable.  Life-changing.  
For fifteen minutes at the breakfast table, God's treasure recalibrated our day.

No comments: