Monday, October 20, 2014

Sitting Cozy

As we go to a smaller church, often my 3yo has one on one time with his Sunday School teacher.  Not always, but often. We have a big family and are involved with other families regularly, so this is not a big deal.  This Sunday, Alyson was in his class, and he found himself the lone ranger again.  She brought him over to join Bryan and me with the teens while Bryan taught.  I heard his little feet climbing the stairs and saw his dark, full head of hair as he peeked around the corner.  Climbing into my lap, he and I sat snuggled together for the next hour in a cozy chair with my Ipad on mute.  I know, not really spiritual.  Well, a mom's got to do what a mom's got to do.  
My little guy is rarely quiet let alone still.  This Sunday a peace blew over his busy body.  I caught a glimpse of sweetness from his usual orneryness.  We sat together, close, cozy. His chubby hand slid over to rest on my leg.  Nothing big, just tender.  
I love my little guy all the time.  He is not always that likeable.  Thank you, God, for giving me the pleasure to sit with my youngest and enjoy him.  

No comments: