Friday, October 24, 2014

Security

I hug them.  I kiss them.  I provide a stable, loving home.  
Yet, my littles struggle in their souls with security.
My own heart hurts when I see them question normal changes in their day as forever changes. 
They have trouble sleeping at times because they simply want to be right next to us.  They need that one more hug.  They need to hear "I love you" one more time before they drift off.  
One would think that the extent of time that these little ones have lived in our home would bridge that void, but as their weeks are filled with confusing interruptions out of our control, their hearts cannot anchor on forever yet.  Insecurity takes over.
I will keep praying.  I will keep hugging.  I will continue being mommy. I will keep hoping that soon their little hearts will settle and rest in the security that only God can truly provide.  

No comments: