Thursday, September 5, 2013

Real Life



Speaking of doing hard things . . .
“May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer.”
The power of my words poured both purposely and carelessly into my children’s hearts scares me. 
My mommy role often demands –
Immediate obedience
                Adult responses to childhood activities
                Perfect timing
                Cleaned up messes
                Reciprocal love

None of the above qualifies that I live in a real world.  As a result, my heart cascades as a waterfall of words.  Many are not acceptable.   Therein lies the hard thing. 
I am a real mom with real kids who make real messes in a real world.  Lord, guard my tongue so that my words heal and not hurt, build up and not tear down, encourage and not discourage.  I want my words to be acceptable to God simply because my heart is in line with Him.  Lord, I need your help.

No comments: