Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A New Year Begins



The best of both worlds is being able to teach your kids at home.  Many would not agree with me.  Many would. 
This year we have a high school junior, an eighth grader, a fourth grader, and a toddler schooling at home.  There is another fourth grader in public school and a four year old enrolled in preschool out of our home.  We will be busy.  Our schedule will put many miles on the van.  But, being home for a good length of time each day will be a blessing.  The kids and I look forward to learning together.  
We are trying a few new things this year to tweak each child’s educational goals.  Many things are staying the same because routine and consistency feel good too. 
I enjoy teaching.  I enjoy my kids (well, most of the time).  Homeschooling works well for our family, and I am grateful for the opportunity. 

No comments: