Thursday, August 29, 2013

Princess



I remember waiting not so patiently for her arrival sixteen years ago.  She was not in any rush.  I woke every morning for a week disappointed that I was still pregnant.  I know.  That sounds horrible, but it was true.  I was ready to meet this little one.  Then she came.  All 8lb 2oz of her. 
She wore eyelet when she rode home with us.  Even then she was a princess. 
She is growing up.  Now I want the time to slow down.
She is a junior in high school and will be taking college courses soon.  She has a path planned, trusting God to redirect her when necessary.  She finished her first novel and is working on another.  The last summer was spent away from home working in a camp.  This school year she will be working at a preschool.   
When did my adorable little girl change into a beautiful young woman? 
Moment by moment, day by day, year by year, God has been working.  I am so thankful. 

No comments: