Thursday, March 21, 2013

Grateful



Being thankful means work.  It requires training.  I don’t like training.  I have failed miserably.  I tried this post a few days ago, and it went absolutely nowhere.  Nothing cute.  Nothing profound.  Nothing. 
Spring is here.  It is still cold.  It may still snow. 
God is still here.  It may feel cold.  There will be storms. 
Today I will choose to be thankful.

Thank you, Lord, for . . .
Evening skies painted hues of blue and purple
Mango water ice slurped with my family
Comfortable clothes that just hang reminding me to relax
Heart to heart discussions with my Sweetie
Prayer with friends on the phone
Hugs AFTER the tantrum
Words that make me think
The ability to cry
FB chats with my Angel
Urgent care clinics and 24 hour pharmacies
The imagination of an almost 9yo expressed with watercolor paints
Passion and purpose seen in my Princess as she writes
Excitement of my Little Man as he learns new things on the guitar
Fresh mercy

1 comment:

becky_gilbert said...

Some days it is hard to be thankful...thanks for opening my eyes today! :-)