Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Strength


Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord (repeat)

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

Leftovers for some, peanut butter and jelly for others, and praise music for me.  God’s Word in music stopped me in my tracks, in the midst of lunch chaos, and fed my heart.  I stood there, arms raised, eyes closed letting truth wrap around my heaviness.  Worship is truly possible anywhere, friends. 
As I leave summer and enter fall, the calendar sneers at me, laughing at its insanity.  My emotions sit precariously at the edge of “losing it” often.  Maybe you are familiar with that place and have visited it yourself.  If you are a mom, you have toed the edge daily.
I cling to the words of this song.  God will not grow weary when I am exhausted.  He will defend the weak when I am helpless.  He will comfort when the hurt is unbearable.  When I wait on the Lord, he will increase my strength. 
I fail often.  Daily.  This moment in time drew me back to a place where I need to be.  Thank you, God, for being my hope and my strong deliverer. 

No comments: