Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Spinning


My head is spinning, but that should not surprise you. 
Our school room is getting a makeover, and I need to pick colors.  That alone sets the butterflies swarming.  (I will post pictures later.)
Our foster children have a hearing in September that could potentially change their lives forever.
My Princess sent in her book submission to a few selected agents.  Though I am biased, I think she is an amazing writer, and I am thrilled to see what God has in store for her.
Our new foster son will be heading into 3rd grade in the fall.  I have never sent a child to public school and am a tad overwhelmed with the process.  Even though my oldest was in a traditional school for grades 1-3, it has been quite a while.
My sweetie and I are sending our firstborn, Angel, off to college in a few weeks. (Be prepared to hear my heart tear as a part of it is left in Ohio.)
My homeschooling schedule, scope, and sequence needs to make sense in order for life to move smoothly come September.  (How is that for alliteration?)
I have done virtually nothing this summer that resembles school in the formal sense.  Yes, we have learned and shared, and have in turn grown.  Have I done my children a disservice for not working on math and reading more diligently? 
These are just a few of the things on my mind as I sit at my familiar table with my normal venti Earl Grey tea listening to the chatter of life around me.  I think I need to head home to cuddle with my sweetie, watch a rerun of a favorite show, and let life slow down if only for a short while. 

No comments: