Monday, April 30, 2012

Reality Check


I do NOT
Wash my bathrooms weekly (Please don’t judge me.)
Plant a garden (I leave that to my Angel.)
Keep my gas tank half full so that I will never run out of gas (It has not bitten me yet.)
Use coupons (I do garage sale, though.)
Make my own cookie dough (Spooning it from a tub means that I can enjoy the gooey goodness faster.)
Wash my kitchen floor as much as it is needed (I blame it on the kids.)
Iron (My sweetie gave up on that years ago.)
Keep from yelling when I am angry (For this I have no excuse.)
Read my Bible daily (Even with a Bible app on my iTouch)
Grade papers on time (This is futile.)

One blogger noted reading this type of list from another fellow blogger. My list humbly reminds me of many days that I wished for a do-over.  I do many things, just often not many things well.  My to-do list lengthens exponentially with each child.  You may find me at times with my head in my hands as I stand in the kitchen wondering what it was that I was supposed to do next.  
I smiled, and I cringed at my list.  Does making my own cookie dough really make a difference?  I think not.  Does spending more time in the Word make a difference?  Absolutely.
I wish I could do everything.  I can’t.  Many things I know I can do better.  Some things I just need to take off of my list.  God has given each of us moms the same amount of time in a day.  How we spend those valuable moments is up to us, whether they are used for good or just wasted. 

1 comment:

Bryan said...

You are an awesome Wife and Mother. You take great care of us. I am blessed to have you as my Wife. Proverbs 31 was written with you in mind.