Sunday, January 1, 2012

I'm in love

I am so in love with my husband. I know, I know! Enough with the mushy stuff! Tough if you don’t like it. Despite all the absolute crud out there and disregard to the beauty and sanctity of marriage, I am going to give a shout out to my sweetie.

He asked me to marry him 23 years ago. We have had our share of ups and downs. We have laughed and cried. We have talked into the early morning hours and have sat in painful silence. We parent together, work together, worship together, and learn together. I would be lost without him.

He sends me cards for no reason. He watches our children so I can catch a break. He takes his turn at early feedings. He does dishes and sometimes puts his own clothes away. He changes the oil in my van and makes sure that all the bills are paid. He kisses me before he leaves and kisses me when he comes back. He appreciates me as a mother, a teacher, and a woman.

Though he knows how extremely valued his role is a father, he places high priority on our marriage. I enjoy and anticipate every moment we can spend together.

My sweetie understands how essential it is that I am home with our children. He works hard so that is possible. Yet in all that, he works diligently to balance work and home.

His love for God steers his actions. As a result, he is able to lead our relationship and our family in a way that pleases God. He is a man that I look up to. He is not perfect. He makes mistakes. He is human. I love this man.

No comments: