Sunday, October 2, 2011

Words

I need to post more pictures, but it seems that so many of them include our foster children. I am unable to post them at this time. Maybe soon.

In the meantime . . .

The phrase of the day “If you love me you will handle my puke.” Ugh. I tell you, though he is a happy spitter, our little baby is a spitter none-the-less. I must say he is soooo cute. You will just have to trust me on that.

Garage sale season is off to a slower start than I would prefer. I did, however, find a few deals this past week. I look mostly for clothes and not toys, but a $2 box of K’nex caught my eye and made it home to some very happy kids. Creative building toys always provide hours of play no matter what age the child. As I speak, Princess is enjoying creating in her own way while the rest of the crew views the Cardinals/Phillies game. She is by far the happiest in the room. The Cardinals are losing.

Soccer takes up so much of our fall schedule. When the kids and sweetie are not playing, they talk about what they will do in the game. When the game is over, there is much talk about what happened in the game. I just watch and listen.

I scheduled a night away with my sweetie. Yeah!!! I cannot wait. Saturday will not come fast enough. We are just heading into the city, but it may as well be a world away. We love our family and enjoy the time we spend with them, but having 24 hours away will be refreshing for us both.

We will hear this week about Angel’s acceptance into college. This time is exciting, yet unnerving. I am so proud of Angel, her diligence, and responsibility as we head into this new era for our family.

Now that you have caught a brief glimpse into my life today, I trust your head is not spinning as fast as mine is. I need to stop making excuses for not writing. My choice of topics is not usually this format – a family diary. Yet, that is my life. I need to write. Today it is words in my head put onto paper. Tomorrow maybe there will be more coherence. Maybe.

No comments: