Sunday, February 6, 2011

Gratitude – One Thousand Gifts

I have fallen behind dreadfully in this list of gratefulness. My heart sways from joy to hurt too quickly at times, especially in winter. I forget how important it is to focus on what things I have to be thankful. Join me in taking a few moments to write down some things that God has blessed us with today.

#191 - #205

I am thankful for . . .

A basement in which my little man can roller blade during the wet, cold days of winter

My pillow on a Sunday afternoon

My pastor who is bold to preach the truth

Warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies

Quiet alone time to write

The chance to dig into God's Word with my little ones

My little ones' desire to dig into God's Word

My mom who gave up her Saturday to help me clean, color my hair, and watch the babies so I could enjoy my other kids' soccer games

Extra moments under the covers on a Saturday morning

A mother-in-law who is committed to pray for our family

Birthday dinners

Averted snow and ice storms

Good night kisses

Newly found blogs and websites that encourage moms, families, and homeschooling

Empty laundry baskets


 

2 comments:

Tammie said...

i love your blog and all your thankful things. you're an encouragement to me

Jodi said...

Thanks for the welcome back Sandy, it feels so good to be home! We used to roller skate in my basement when I was a kid..so much fun, and so many good memories. As always, I enjoyed reading your list!