Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Curiosity Journal

I cherish time with my sweetie, but I have to admit that I look forward to this time to sit and write. The big kids have events at church, and my hubby puts the babies to bed. I get to sit at the bookstore, sip tea, people watch, and write. I know this is only week two, but here's to hoping that I keep at it.

What am I reading?

The Love Dare is one day at a time. Get this . . . on the day that I was to get something for my sweetie to say that I was thinking of him, HE comes in with flowers in hand. Ugh! He always does that.

Jane Austen's book Emma has been on my e-reader for months. It is taking me awhile to get through it. I do enjoy it, but so much else seems to be pulling at me.

My hubby and I are going to a book club at our local Barnes and Noble next week. We are reading The Case of the Missing Servant by Tarquin Hall. We have never attempted this before, but I look forward to it. My hubby had the book first and I still need to finish before Monday. I enjoy a good mystery every now and then. Hall is a good storyteller, and the Indian setting is utilized clearly and interestingly.

At the risk of sounding cliché, God's Word interests me. I began reading the book of Mark again this week. Christ's passion for people is powerful. In the midst of oppressing crowds, full schedules, and clueless followers, He cared for individuals everywhere he went.

What am I playing?

So, friends, I played Clue this week! I also won at Rack-O. Now aren't you glad that you chose to read my blog?

My kids are playing a lot. I get to be the chauffeur for the basketball and soccer games. I am also number one cheerleader.

What am I learning?

I can't think of anything profound to share. Teaching four grades means that I learn every day.

What am I reacting to?

LIFE!!!!!!

My heart hurts for the birth mom of my babies. I am thankful that what could have been didn't happen.

I react daily to my messy house. I don't think my reactions have been effective.

I read an article today that interested me. The governor of Alabama, a professing Christian, was bold in his faith and stated publicly what salvation really means. There were many who responded negatively. I wish I had the link – sorry. What limits should be placed on public figures? Was it wrong to be that upfront in that setting? Are we not taking salvation seriously enough?

Time's up! Gotta go get the kids.

1 comment:

monica @ paperbridges said...

I see no reason for an elected official to speak about what he or she believes. Good for him.

I think I'll add a mr. linky thing to the end of my Curiosity Journal post next week so you can link to it if you want. Maybe we can get others to contribute too. :)

m