Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Book Club

We meandered to the back of the bookstore. More chairs were being put up, and the dessert table set with homemade treats. This group obviously knew each other, which prompted my question whether the group was open to visitors. They welcomed my sweetie and me warmly. We took our seat, made introductions, and dove into a new adventure. We met a self defined irate postal worker, a geologist, a long term mystery book club member from 1999, a mystery writer, an insecure non-reader, and a classy lady who was obviously an avid reader. It was a good kind of uncomfortable.

I would have liked to discuss the book more in depth (The Case of the Missing Servant), but sharing in this setting was enjoyable. It was both intellectual and light-hearted. The best part was sharing the evening with my sweetie. I enjoyed reading the book along with him and being able to discuss something outside of work and kids.

It felt good to step out of my comfort zone and do something new. I might try it again next month.

No comments: