Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Curiosity Journal

New Jersey is being hit with more snow today. It seems like a good night to sit in with a cup of tea.

I am reading . . .

Jane Austen's Emma and the Love Dare are still on my list. As you have seen in a prior post, I finished The Case of the Missing Servant and am starting The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (another mystery). The babies brought out The B Book. Wow, I couldn't believe I could recite the entire thing. I guess I have read that book too many times before.

I am playing . . .

The other day, Angel cooked dinner. As the pasta water was boiling, I sneaked a stick of spaghetti. A fencing match ensued. I came close to winning, but my foil snapped. It felt good to be silly.

I am learning . . .

I have a hard time balancing wife, mother, and teacher.

There is WAY too much stuff in my home.

One of the only ways for my toddler to take a nap is for us to go for a ride in the car. Within minutes, my little guy is calm and quiet, sleeping in his car seat. I am learning how to use that time to read, listen to a podcast, and pray.

I am reacting . . .

I wish my reactions were not so crazy. Sometimes, life just gets nuts.

Tomorrow is another day. My big girls' exams have been postponed because of the snow. It will be nice to hang at home again tomorrow.

1 comment:

monica @ paperbridges said...

Have fun with the Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. Fun read and the young heroine is likeable. Thanks for linking up again.

m