Sunday, December 20, 2009

White Stuff


Not often seen in great amounts in my neck of the woods. The official count by my 8yo son is 20". That translates into going nowhere yesterday or today. Churches are even closed. Not a bad thing for me, necessarily. I know that makes me sound like a heathen, but, honestly, church can be difficult for me on varying levels. Too much to say here so leave it to say that it is a good thing that I am home today.

It is quiet in the house right now. Outside – another story. Our snow blower works. Enough said.

Our big girls are going to try to make some money shoveling/blowing the neighbors' driveways and sidewalks. I hope they are successful. In any case, they are working together well which is always nice to see.

For my East Coast friends, I trust that your snowy day is enjoyable. I plan on it. Hopefully, the wrapping will get done.

Now for my cup of hot chocolate . . .

4 comments:

Alyson Schroll said...

BOY WAS IT COLD OUT THERE

He & Me + 3 said...

How fun. THat looks like some great snow time. I hope we get some more over break to enjoy it while daddy is home.
Have a Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Mimi

Jodi said...

Your back porch looks like mine! lol...Looks like your kids are enjoying it! My kids are thrilled. I'll be a little more thrilled when I can get out of my driveway! David was out plowing all that day and night, so of course my driveway suffered, lol.

jennifer said...

Enjoy the snow! We didn't get much more than a couple of inches, but we'll see plenty this season, so we're okay with that.

As for church... well, I understand. Enough said.

Have a great day!