Thursday, December 24, 2009

Messiah

I miss a song in my heart. One piece of music, however, that always stirs me like nothing else is Handel's Messiah. No one is at home at the moment, so I am enjoying the awesomeness of the words and powerful music of this amazing oratorio. My mom and dad enjoyed a performance of this piece in New York City, and they reminded me how so many sing the words without ever thinking of the Scriptural origin.
It doesn't take much to bring tears to my eyes. To think that God went to such great lengths to prepare to send his Son to earth as a tiny baby who would grow to be a man who then would die blows my mind. His purpose - to make a way to spend eternity with me. Crazy love.
Merry Christmas friends. May your joy be full in the remembrance of the tiny babe who brought us salvation.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Beautiful post! I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!