Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Perfect Reading Spot


Have you ever found a spot to read that seemed so perfect you could spend hours there? I found one of those on a visit to my most favorite store, Barnes and Noble. My little one and I ventured to a cozy spot in the children's section, one that was set off in a corner with windows from ceiling to floor.

The floor was piled with books, inviting you to dive into reading. The d├ęcor, one of trees and animals, provided the aura of imagination. The light of the noon sun streamed in bringing warmth to a dreadfully cold day. My little one collected a pile of books, mostly of princesses, and we settled on a bench to read.

The time went too fast, and we were off on to our next engagement. Spending a moment with my little one in an environment so enjoyable is one of the blessings of this Christmas break.



1 comment:

He & Me + 3 said...

Beautiful lighting for reading too. So warm.