Saturday, May 9, 2009

Garage Sale Season



I spent the last few days up state with some family going through my grandparents' house and selling quite a bit in a garage sale. Upon arrival, I began the roller coaster ride already in progress. My grandmother has already left us to be in heaven with her Jesus. My grandfather isn't feeling too well, and has spent the last week in the hospital, anticipating future dialysis. It is always hard to see family suffer. We know that Pop will be in heaven some day, but the wait can be difficult.

On the upside, we had some silly moments together, cooperative efforts, and meals together around the table. My cousin also brought her little one, and we enjoyed his toddler presence.

Garage sales can be a lot of fun and we provided some great deals for others to enjoy. I look forward to getting to some sales at home in the next few weeks. I love a good bargain.

Time to get back to work at home. In the meantime, I enjoyed a beautiful evening with my hubby and kids. Grilled sausage is a wonderful thing. So is watching kids play kickball, set up obstacle courses, and play together.

The roller coaster ride goes on.

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I love garage sales. How fun to be around family and just hang out. Cute pictures.

Halfcup said...

nice post. There are all of these nice pictures of R and then there is "Tex". I thought that picture was funny.

Ruddy said...

Great pics Sandy! Thanks for lovn' on Rowan.