Saturday, October 11, 2008

More Family Fun











Today began with a early soccer game for my little guy. We tackled the rest of the day with intensity: lots of cleaning, stacking wood, and laundry. Our schedule had left little room for keeping up with routine tasks past the bare minimum. Today allowed us to catch up with some much needed jobs.
At the end of the day we rewarded ourselves with a fall cookout. The night was perfect. Bryan grilled out and built a great fire which demanded smores. The highlight of the evening, however, was bobbing for apples. Simple, yet a barrel of laughs - literally. My little one showed great determination as time after time she missed the mark. Finally she was successful as she came up with a mouth full of apple. My little guy simply enjoyed getting all wet. Bryan and I even joined in the fun. Usually I delegate myself to picture taker, yet in doing so I rarely get in any. I chose to break out of that tonight. Unfortunately, my daughter seemed more interested in taking a picture of the bucket rather than me. Oh well.
My oldest daughter blessed us as we wound down the evening before baths. She brought out her guitar and we joined her in singing praise songs. What a joy to be able to sit outside of our very suburban home in the middle of our neighborhood, yet in our little world of praise. Thank you God for moments like this.

No comments: