Monday, September 22, 2008

Couldn't Get Enough





Well, another weekend of scrapping come and gone. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to scrap with both my sister and sister-in-law. We had a blast!! The hotel was brand new and beautiful. We pretty much scrapped most every waking moment. I told my husband that it is a wonderful time to be reminded of all the many ways I am blessed: smiles, family time, a loving husband, places to go and people to see. I love showing off my family and wish that I could have more time to get my pictures in books. When I got home, my kids (and husband) enjoyed looking at the pictures of themselves and reading what Mom had written about them. I need to write more. I need to affirm my kids and husband more often.
One thing I can't believe I did . . . you know the little convenience pantries that suite hotels offer - we found some Ben and Jerry's ice cream that would be perfect for the brownies that my sister had brought. We went to get it and saw the price , three dollars. Three dollars, are you kidding???? They weren't and we were desperate for the chocolate. We paid the price, in more ways than one, I guess. We ate every drop. Making memories.
It was almost sad as we were intently finishing our projects so we could check out on time. We knew that we would hit the ground running when we got home. My sister has three little girls. My sister-in-law has three little boys. I have my precious four. None of us knew when we would get back to this uninterrupted, long span of time. When all is said and done, I know that I will never be sorry that I chose to spend time with my family over going away to scrap, but I have to say that every so often is not such a bad thing.

No comments: