Monday, August 29, 2016

Psalm 91:4 Are you a chicken?

I am chicken.  Or a chick. Either one means I am not too brave. Things scare me.  Life seems a bit large and looming at times.  Sometimes hawkish, if that's a word.
Psalm 91:4 encouraged me.  He (meaning God) will cover you (me) with His pinions, and under His wings you (I) may seek refuge.
If you have ever been in a barn yard with chickens you can imagine the scene.  There often is lot of noise and scrambling.  Kind of like life.  I love that God uses pictures that I can understand.
Notice His words in Psalm say you MAY SEEK refuge.  God’s shelter from those intent  to harm me is guaranteed WHEN I run to it.
How often I am the chicken running wildly in circles making noise all the while missing the promise of protection.
Run, Sandy, run to hide under God’s wings of protection.

No comments: