Monday, August 22, 2016

Is quiet time ever possible?

Bible study is good.  Quiet time with God is better.  So, how does a mom of many kids even find time to do either?  I am not sure.  My kids are up early and never stop all day.  By the time I get any moments of relative peace, I am ready to collapse.
I remember days of working diligently through Beth Moore studies (which I enjoyed) and journaling faithfully. I remember quiet mornings listening to the day wake gently.
Then life happened in a big way.
My Bible study now is a reminder tone on my phone twice a day.  I read verses at a time.  Sometimes I spend more time in the chapter, but many times a verse is all I have to hold on to.
I sat on the couch this morning reading Romans 5 as my three littles played Slap Jack of all things.  Then they decided to make a banana peanut butter snack which of course needed my assistance.  No one can play quietly, of course. No one can be happy with anything.  Eyes are rolling and not just mine.
How is a mom of many to do it?
I loose it daily.  I mess up all the time.  I yell.
God says that I am justified.  That means declared righteous.  Oh my!  I don’t feel too righteous.
God says that I have access to his grace.  That means I can tap into his undeserved favor.  I certainly fit into that underserved category.
I don’t know how I am going to get through this day except for  hanging on to those few verses that I read.
Sometimes this mom of many needs to grasp painfully to the truth of who God is and what he has done for me.

No comments: