Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Summer 2015 Ideas

The rain is still coming down on a chilly spring Tuesday, and I am brainstorming for our summer fun.    That is normal for moms, right?  Last summer was the first time I planned Schroll Camp.  Honestly, it was more for my survival than for the kids.  Pinterest is a double edged sword for moms though.  If you are not careful, you can plan yourself straight into insanity.  My role as mom is not to be my kids' cruise director.  Neither do I have an unlimited budget.  Who does?  That said, I do have children who thrive on a plan, a structure.  They have difficulty imagining.   Their young lives have had to deal with things beyond their age.  Structuring play is a good thing for them.  Therefore, it is a good thing for me.

I did not accomplish all that was on my plan last summer, but that was fine with me.   We did well.  With a plan set, I knew what the go to ideas were for the week.  I found myself stuggling less to come up with ideas since I had already worked out the overall plan.  The kids found it exciting each week as the theme changed.

So, here are some ideas that may or may not work.  I will not get to all of them, and I am far from setting up the summer.  I would love to hear what ideas have worked for you.  What are some inexpensive things you have done with your kids that you would definitely do again?

Shore trips weekly
Philadelphia walking tour
Basement redo
Mexican week
Kindness week
Craft week
Tech free day/week
Company at least twice a month
Camp weeks for older kids
Family hikes - waterfalls
Water week
Backyard movie with popcorn
Picnics
Make paper boats and race them
Fly kites in Vally Forge
Visit farm/farmers market
Photography (learn a new skill, scavenger hunts, photo books)




Let me know what you think.

No comments: