Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Judicious Words

The heart of the wise makes his speech judicious and adds persuasiveness to his lips. (‭Proverbs‬ ‭16‬:‭23‬ ESV)

Okay, moms, how many feel like a judge today?  How about a mediator?  Maybe you feel like you just have to sweet talk your kids into everything.   This is me, well, every day.  Having a large crew means that the journey is not conflict free.  Ever.  
As I read these words, God spoke peace again.
Resolving conflict begins in the heart.  It begins with wisdom, thinking God's way.  I want it to go my way.  You know, I am the boss, right?  Yet, in God's perfect words, he reminds me that judiciousness, solving problems practically, means that it is not about me.  It is about my heart focusing on what God wants and thinks.  It is then that my words can persuade to do right.  It is not the decibal of my words or the intensity of my glare.  

My words can make a difference (though I do feel as though I talk to the wall often :).  God is not asking me to do the impossible.  He has shown me quite clearly that when I settle on Him, rest in his truth, allow Him to change my heart, then my words are effective.

No comments: