Thursday, December 4, 2014

What is the rule?

Leviticus is just plain difficult to work through.  Noone is a huge fan of rules.  At least, I am not.  Yet, rules are essential.  They make life work.  So. I am reading about rules.  Rules about life, food, relationship, disease, religion.  You get the point.  It is a choice I make to read what God says about his rules for his chosen people as this precious nation developed.  
My kids do not like rules either.  I am not sure too many do.  Still rules make our home work more smoothly.  As I mature as a mom, I continue to work through what rules are helpful for others, which ones are necessary for safety and health, and which ones just make my life easier.  
God could do anything he wanted with the Israelites in the wilderness.  Yet, he set up limits and standards, rules to keep his people healthy, safe, and in communication with Him.
Do I follow that pattern?  Yes, I am Mom and hold authority, but how am I showing love in the rules that I establish?  
I think I will keep reading.

No comments: