Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Prayer for a bus on the way to school

We pray often on the way to school.  It does take a while to get through all the kids, but I try nonetheless.  
The morning began rough.  Life is taking its toll on my children.  Prayer has become an essential tool to surround our hearts.  Before we even left the driveway to begin the half mile drive to the first drop off, I was pleading with God for a peaceful day.  
As I was crossing my 11yo to school, the bus began sounding funny . . . again.  We headed back to the throne of God.  It was so sweet for four of my kids, ages 3, 4, 5, and 10, ask God to please help our bus to keep running.  I listened.  God listened.
It was no accident that as we drove down the highway after dropping the next two off that all engine indicators were now off and the annoying squeaking fan noise was now silent.  
God has not promised me a bus that will never break down.  It may not work tomorrow.  For today, for this morning, God chose to give me a glimpse of his provision.  
God has promised to take care of our needs.  I can count on that.  Thank you, Lord, for providing me with a big enough vehicle today to drive all my children to school today.

No comments: