Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Transforming Words of Grace and Peace


 Grace and peace.  Two words that do not describe my day yesterday.  My heart felt that famliar goad after another of my rants.  Grace and peace.  Handle each day with grace-so says the third phrase in our family motto that hangs prominently for me to see daily.  My heart missed seeing.  Paul exhorts the Corinthians in his second letter.  "But as you excel in everything-in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you - see that you excel in this act of grace also."
I woke to another day.  Another try.  Quickly, another fail at grace and peace.  
Superstitions amount to nothing.  Words spoken by a holy God, however, can change a moment, a day.  Grace and peace.  
This necklace became my constant reminder.  My children blessed me last Mothers Day, and I wear it often to remind me of two very important words to define a mom's life.  I wore it today.
Grace and peace.  

No comments: