Wednesday, January 15, 2014

So where is the Strength?

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  So, where is that strength?  I read it somewhere, probably Facebook, that God WILL give you more than you can handle.  Ummm I think that writer got it right.   God is faithful to lead and guide.  His way is perfect.  He will never leave me even when it gets bumpy.  Yet, I am so weary.  Sleepless children, elevated noise levels, and countless trips in the mini van to every which way feed my need for strength.  
But God says that I can do all things through him.  He is the one who gives the strength.  Lately, that truth has been hidden by my daily, human reality.  I need some superpowers.  
X-ray vision would be nice.  Maybe transport power.  How about the power to make all things non-essential disappear.  I digress.  Still I need some of God's supernatural power.  I need some strength.
I am not asking to be able to do it all, Lord.  Just a few things.  What do you want to do today through me?  What muscles do you want me to stretch?  What can I put into my life today that will boost my strength?  Is it rest, Lord?  If so, please make that happen.  
Please make me stronger.  

No comments: