Saturday, October 19, 2013

What a Mess



This post began as a complaint of two stinky, accident prone toddler boys.  It was a smelly, messy day to say the least.  I have room to complain.  Let’s just say the playroom couch is now at the curb.  Every tick of the clock seemed to bring more to clean.  Oy vey!
Now the boys are asleep.  I have been texting with my college girl.  There is a mocha coffee in reach.  And the Cardinals are playing well.  These are all good things at the end of a not so good day.  So I thought I should jot down a few more things to readjust my thinking.  I tell you, friends, that is a necessity.  There is a reason that God commands us to rejoice in everything.   I have had many difficult moments (days) that challenge my resolve.  Sometimes you just have to stop, breathe, listen, and allow God to change your perspective (because you know there is absolutely no way you can). 
Thankfulness becomes part of that equation too.
Today –

  • The harvest moon shone brilliantly, owning the autumn sky.
  • Produce Junction sells hay bales so I can add a bit of character to the harvest party we are planning for tomorrow.
  • Face Time, Skype, and IM are fun ways to keep in touch with my sister.
  • My sweetie shares in the insane transportation logistics that come with a large family.
  • My washer and dryer run faithfully, daily.
  • Freshly baked banana muffins made with applesauce do not kill my calorie count.
  • I get to watch my little girl play soccer tomorrow.
  • My big kids know how to clean bathrooms, do laundry, and vacuum. 
  • Our teens ate lunch today with their youth pastor and others from their youth group.
  • My littlest guy ran with arms pumping as Pop-pop rounded the corner of the backyard to join us for dinner tonight.
  • Tomorrow is another day. 

No comments: