Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Chalkboards



“Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.”
These words, written in chalk on a simple piece of wood coated with chalkboard paint, hang prominently in my family room.  Much of me thinks I should change it up again, but then God keeps bringing the deeper meaning of His words powerfully into my day.  He is not ready for me to meditate on any others. 
I am stressed.  Again.  Certain people do that to me.  They come into my home, and that makes me unsettled.  But God is bigger.  He knows all about it.
Today he sweetly reminded me that no matter what or who walks through the front door, I am to show some sympathy, express a tender heart, and practice humility.  This journey is not about me.  It is not even about the little ones in my home.  It is about doing what God has asked and giving him glory as I get closer and closer to Him. 
Ouch.  Really, God? 
I will not change the words . . . yet.  They are still meandering their way into every crevice of my heart. 

No comments: