Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Shaken?



This world has nothing for me
This life is not my own
I know you go before me
And I am not alone
This mountain rises higher
This way seems so unclear
But I know that you go with me
I will trust in you

Whatever will come my way
Through fire or pouring rain
We won't be shaken
No we won't be shaken
Whatever tomorrow brings
Together we'll rise and sing
That we won't be shaken
Oooh Oh Oh
Oooh Oh Oh
Oooh Oh Oh
No we won't be shaken

You know my every longing
You've heard my every prayer
You've held me in my weakness
Cause you are always there
So I'll stand in full surrender
It's your way and not my own
My mind is set on nothing less
Than you and you alone
I will not be moved

These are some of the words for Building 429’s “We Won’t Be Shaken”.  I heard them on the way to the bookstore tonight, and I thought they were appropriate. 
Today was another day in the spin cycle of life.  One moment changes to another as one outcome changes to another.  Tomorrow may change again.  I don’t like change.
The boys were gone on a visit, and we were denied once again the chance to spend time with our little foster daughter.  We are hurting.  It pounds on my heart and attempts to knock down my faith.  Yet, in it all I am reminded that my God knows all this. 
In the free afternoon moments, I took my little man, whose height is just a couple inches shy of Mom, out for a frappe.  He chose the double chocolate chip, and I went with the mocha.  We settled in the cafĂ© and whipped out the iPad to play a game of chess (which I won) and checkers (which I lost).  We laughed and joked.  He shared crazy faces when he had a brain freeze.  Much of me did not want to smile or laugh or talk or do whatever. I am tired of all of this.  But the ride home brought me back to truth. 
My son reminded me that God has NEVER failed.  He will ALWAYS win.  The system that we are up against thinks that they are all that, but in the end they are not.  God IS.  My son’s life verses, Psalm 62:5-8, state “For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.  He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.  On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.  Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.”  Truth spoken.
THEN I hear this song on the radio after dropping my little man off at youth group.  Coincidence?  I think not. 

No comments: