Monday, April 1, 2013

Too hard?



It is really that hard?  Am I asking too much?
If I had a nickel for every time I spoke those words  . . .
Ironically, Princess reminded me today of Christ’s similar words spoken to his closest followers in the middle of his deepest pain.  On the eve of his death, at the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus went to bare his heart to his Father.  He asked his disciples to pray with him.  Be alert.  Wait for him.  Their response – sleep.  They just could not push through the exhaustion for one more minute, one more hour. 
Christ challenged the disciples three times.  Their frail humanity weakened their resolve despite what was at stake.  Was Christ asking too much?  Was it really that hard?
He invited them into his plan knowing what the end of the story would be.  He knew the pain.  He knew the anguish.  He knew the purpose. 
Christ also knew what these men would take with them as they continued their journey long after he was gone.  Waiting, watching, and praying were the foundation of the resolve that they would need in the days and years to come. 
Yet, these were no supermen.  These were ordinary people.  Jesus knew this. 
What is Jesus asking of me today?  Am I more willing to give in to human frailty or dig in my heels to watch and pray?  Oh, my!  I am weary, friends.  I want to give up soooo many times.  Each day. 
My journey does not end today.  Yes, there is pain and anguish.  I wish I knew the purpose.  Yet, I can be confident that God has a plan.  He is asking me to wait alongside him and pray even while it is dark and when I am exhausted. 
When I consider what Christ did for me, the answer is clear.  There is absolutely nothing that I can ever do or attempt to do that would be too much to give back to my Savior who gave everything.  When I start complaining (again), Lord, please remind me that you know my frailty and my weakness.  There is nothing that you will ask of me that you are not ready and willing to walk alongside me to accomplish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been browsing on-line more than three hours these days, but I by no means found any fascinating article like yours. It's pretty price sufficient
for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content
material as you probably did, the net might be a lot more helpful than ever before.


Check out my web-site ... raspberry ketone