Friday, February 1, 2013

Grateful for . . . .



 What are you thankful for?  Go ahead; write down at least three things.  You know you can.  What holds us back from saying “thank you”?  I know I get so caught up in myself, so that I forget the importance of each moment as a gift of grace from God.   For the next few minutes join me in listing a few things that make your heart glad.  Pull them from the recesses of your day filled with dirty diapers, unanswered e-mails, and laundry piles.
Thank you, Lord, for:
Warm breezes on a January afternoon
Smiles from sleepy kids
“Jesus Loves Me” sung by little ones
The smells of cinnamon and cumin
A loving, involved, attentive, flirting, amazing husband (am I allowed to brag?)
Safety on snowy roads
Hamburgers and milkshakes
Daily conversations with my kids
Healing of hurting hearts
The music of crooners
Texting
Laundry that is put away
Love of teaching
Love of learning
My mother’s shoulder to cry on
WAWA coffee for $1
Bills that are paid
Perspective, passion, and purpose
E-books
Promises kept
Truth

No comments: