Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Attitude

Why is it that when I manage to squeeze in a few uninterrupted hours of sleep, wake up at a reasonable time, purpose to bump up the praise music with my kids and pray over each of them by name, that everything falls apart, my patience is thinner than paper, my words escape that should have been locked away, and I feel defeated before lunch?

I love to make excuses. There are none to be made. Rather, I beg forgiveness. The Holy Spirit’s power does not vanish during the years of motherhood. He is still indwelling me, but I have put my own self pitifully on the throne. The Holy Spirit should be evident and without question or excuse: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, thankfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Lord, wake me with a heart centered on you. When I teeter off center, please unplug my ears to the truth of your Spirit. “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight.”