Thursday, August 18, 2011

Gratitude

Some of my days flew while others dragged. I miss my big kids who are away making more camping memories with their Grandma and Grandpa. Their days are going quickly to be sure, filled with hikes, bike rides, campground adventures, s’mores, and sister nights under the stars in the bed of a pickup.

Back home, I mothered three children under 2 1/2 , one of whom is only one month old, another who is beginning to potty train, and another who is fighting a virus which brings a high fever. Not much else was done in my home. My sweet husband reminded me that spending time with our children is plenty enough. He even planned and cooked dinner all week.

The bookstore is my second home. Knowing that I needed my own space after a particularly draining day, he sent me out for a few hours while he held down the fort. I worked on 2nd grade lesson plans, surfed for some school research, and enjoyed my 1 ½ cups of Earl Grey tea. I packed my bag and planned to head home, until I looked out the window and saw the cats and dogs falling from the sky along with bolts of lighting and cracks of thunder. I chose the Oreo dessert and camped out for a little while longer.

I have so much to be thankful for even in the midst of a storm on a difficult day.

  • A husband who cooks
  • Lysol wipes
  • Netflix
  • Texting that keeps me connected with my kids
  • Early bed times for little ones
  • Exciting high school curriculum
  • Unmade beds
  • Dry basements
  • Children’s Tylenol
  • Pull-ups
  • Soduko on my iTouch

No comments: