Thursday, November 11, 2010

Because sometimes I just need a readjustment

It seems that situations sometimes need more attention than I think they should. Despite my oft times fits of frustration, life goes on.

The stomach flu and other intestinal yuckiness hit our family this week. Thankfully, the babies didn't get it . . . yet?

A plastic lid to a baby food container fell into the dryer vent as I was cleaning it causing the dryer to make a horrendous sound. Thankfully, my sweetie was home (due to said sickness) and was able to fix it quickly. Thankfully, I was not without a dryer for long.

My worldview and parenting style differ from my culture. Sometimes it feels like I am running uphill, slowly, trying to catch my breath. Thankfully, my God and His Word are perfect. I can trust him with my family and my life. He is always there.

Our weekend was full. Thankfully, I was able to spend some precious time with my brother and sister and their families.

Watching a toddler is tiring. Thankfully, I have help.

It hurts my heart to send the baby out to medical day care every day. Thankfully, she has loving care.

My daughter had to play in the consolation soccer game rather than the championship game. Thankfully, she is part of a special team of girls with wonderful attitudes, awesome ability, and Godly characters strengthened by their coach, her dad.

The company that cleaned my house this week did not wow me. Thankfully, I didn't have to do the cleaning.

Politics, policy, and government both challenge and frustrate. I live in a liberal state. Thankfully, I live in the best country in the world.

Homeschooling is a job. Thankfully, my state allows me freedom to educate this way.

I don't know about you, but negative thinking is often a train that is difficult to derail. Finding the good in things is a choice that I often don't want to make. It is definitely easier to wallow in self-pity or frustration allowing my mind to swim in those negative thoughts. I am choosing today to find the good in some of the things that have come my way this week. I challenge you to do the same. Readjustments are not always a bad thing.


 


 


 

No comments: