Saturday, October 23, 2010

Psalm 23 Revisited

How many times have you read Psalm 23? Maybe you have heard it only at funerals. Possibly, it brings you back to Sunday School Bible memory contests. I read these precious verses anew recently.

This October brought memories of the sadness God allowed in our lives. We would have enjoyed having our little girl, Julia, with us, but God has chosen to lead us through this valley and bring us into another path. As I worked through the vacillating emotions of remembrance, my Savior reminded me of his life-giving words in Psalm 23.

"The Lord is my Shepherd." He will lead me, carry me, and care for me when I am hurt.

"He restores my soul." When everything in me cried out, when no song could be found in my heart for months, when I had to live totally on what I already knew to be true about God, He was working on restoring my soul.

"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life." What can I say? Life brings pain, but God pours goodness and mercy. I am humbled.

The Bible is amazing. No matter where you are in your life, God's Word meets you there. Where has God met you lately?

1 comment:

Jodi said...

This is one of my favorites, and after our recent study of the Psalms, my kids love it too. Thanks for sharing. You are the winner of my Download N Go Giveaway. Keep an eye on your email inbox for instructions from the Download N Go people on how to download your free product! Thanks:)