Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

In light of the mounds of snow in my yard, I am thankful for a snow blower that works and for my husband who not only does our property but also the neighbors' driveways that were covered because of the snowplows. I am thankful we never lost electricity even though the power lines were laden with heavy snow. That means we had heat, light, and Wii. You know – the important things. I am thankful for the flexibility that homeschooling provides to choose the days that we take off from the books. Today was such a day. At least for a day, Mom was the hero. I am thankful that my kids actually like playing with each other. I am thankful that the pizza place where I go every Thursday for lunch with my hubby had a clear parking lot and barbeque chicken pizza. Six people plus friends equals lots of wet snow clothes and boots. I am thankful for a laundry room on the main floor directly in from the garage. I am thankful for a teenage daughter who wants me to work with her on a project. So on that note, I gotta go. There is so much more to be thankful for on this beautiful day. What are you thankful for today?

No comments: