Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How Much Love Can a Mom Have

My little one looked at me this morning and stated, "Mom, I know that you have lots of love. You just cut it into four parts. When the baby comes you will cut it into five parts." Sometimes it is so hard to practice that love that is shared with the whole family.

I am reminded of my heavenly father who exemplified a perfect love for his children. Not a love of favoritism or convenience. This love was sacrificial, constant, and not dependant on any love in return.

I have a hard time loving when the messes are out of control, when I have to repeat myself multiple times, and when I am so tired. Being a mom means loving. It is inherent in the job. Thank the Lord that he has given me an example to follow and a promise to help me and give me the strength to do what he has called me to do – mother 5 children.

My five-year-old has a picture of love shared in our family. I will add one more dimension to that image. My love somehow seems to grow as it divides. My children don't get a smaller piece of the pie of love just because there is another child to love. God miraculously gives me a greater portion of heart love to share. I don't understand it, but I will be forever grateful.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

What a gift our heavenly Father has given us. Beautiful post Sandy. Thanks for the reminder.

He & Me + 3 said...

That is so neat. How sweet to think of sharing your love like that.