Monday, May 4, 2009

Did She Mean to Say That?

I was sitting at my desk working on school papers for tomorrow. At the same time, I was social director for my two middle kids. A friend called to come over to play – but only for an hour until dinner. As she was coming down the street, the two middle kids were "discussing" their plans for play. As their "discussion" heated up, I stepped in (read yelled from the other room) and said that their friend was not coming to hear them argue. My princess proceeded to kindly express that that is why they were arguing now. What!!! Isn't the idea to eliminate the arguing? We all had a good laugh. The doorbell rang. The play group moved downstairs. Time to go on. Hopefully their future "discussions" will be friendly.

1 comment:

He & Me + 3 said...

Too funny. My girls argue when their friends are here and it drives me crazy.