Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sweet Reminder

The flu has traveled through three states, six cousins, an aunt and uncle, and two siblings until finally hitting my little one last night at 2:00 a.m. This bug comes quickly with little warning. In our home, thankfully, it does not come with a vengeance or wear out its welcome with any one individual.

I could give many details of the evening which would benefit you none. However, there was a precious reminder in the whole episode. My little one is just that – my little one. So what that she wanted to be with her mommy. So what that she crawled onto my lap with her 40+ pound body. So what that she fell asleep on my lap within a minute and lay peacefully for the duration of the show I was watching.

As she lay close to me, I smiled in remembrance of her as an infant. Being the youngest, she had no lack of loving arms to hold her. Good or bad she received much attention. I enjoyed those precious moments that flew too quickly. Last night was a gift of remembrance of days gone by.

My little one tends to go along with the flow of the family. She enjoys school, learns well, and can communicate well beyond her years. Yet in spite of all this, she is still my little girl and always will be.

Hopefully the flu will finish its run soon without hitting the other four family members. In the meantime, I choose to be blessed with a small reminder of my little one who is growing into a little lady before my eyes.

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I will be praying for the flu bug. That is no fun. I hope all are feeling better soon.

Jodi said...

Poor sweet little girl, I pray she feels better soon. We had the flu go through our house last winter. I remember it well. Praying it's not too bad on all of you.

Brooke said...

My kids are finally over the fever and still nappping to recover :)

Yes, do join me on the book journey! I am half way through The Shack. I've come to my first "issue" with the theology, but I am remembering it is fiction and giving it a fair chance.

I couldn't figure out how to put two lists on my blog. I only read one book at a time--the others are in the wings.

Here's the website I used for the assessment:
http://www.test4free.com/