Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just Think

I do like to think. I have often said that if I could teach my children to think that they could succeed at most anything. Thinking can be hard, though. It takes work. Sometimes it involves conflicting ideas. Take Christianity for instance. Why do we get so lazy and stop thinking as believers? Loving God includes all our mind. Wouldn't that include thinking? Maybe I am rambling. I didn't say I was always a good communicator. I am saying that I am frustrated with so many people who just buy into the current thinking, disregard what Scripture has already proven as true, and let life go one without thinking of what God would have for them or what consequences exist for those who don't think. I love Philippians 4:8. God is very clear about what to think about: things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praise worthy. So much out there is junk!
My husband and I have done some reading on how some churches have tried to reinvent what church or dare I say Christianity is all about. I'm sorry, but their thinking is very skewed. They seem to be missing the truth of God's word and substituting whatever fits their world and feels good. Sorry to be so blunt. They're thinking - about what is right for them.
God help me to know God and His word so well that I can spot wrong thinking a mile away. I pray that I will be able to help my children to be thinking individuals. Not critical, but discerning. It all goes back to God's Word. Preferences, methods, people change. His Word will always stay the same.

No comments: