Friday, August 8, 2008

Anticipating the New Year



I am excited about the new school year. My kids think I am nuts and maybe I am - a little. There's just a lot of teacher blood in me. I have never been one to wish the summer over so I could get my kids out of my hair. I really do like my kids - at least most of the time. When God moved in our family to keep our kids home to educate them, I knew it was going to change our lives. It has - much for the good. This year I will be schooling all four of them ranging from K4 through 9th grade. It is not impossible as many would like to think. Actually my kids like to school at home. I was thinking the other night what things I am looking forward to this year. It will be busy as usual, but there are some new things in the schedule that will change things up a bit. Introductory Logic will take more work on my part (please, no blond jokes:) Being able to think and think well is essential for learning. This class for my two older children will take it up a notch I think. Another class I am excited about is OT Survey for my oldest daughter. Again, it is more prep work, but well worth it. My little one will be schooling formally for the first time. She is excited and I am excited to teach her. Honestly, she is an easy one to teach. It will be fun to see the light go on in her ever-growing mind. I really think she will be reading by the end of the year - how fun!! My days will be very full. Honestly I need to have some energy and patience injected into my being. God is so good and I know He will be my teacher and helper as I enter this new school year. I still have so much to learn.

No comments: