Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thoughts Again In Philippians

One reading my post may conclude that this may be a bit much. Philippians again?! I have to share, however. I love looking at the original language to help me understand better what God has chosen to write. Not that I know the original languages, mind you. I use www.blueletterbible.org to help. The words "take hold of" jumped out at me. They are in there three times. It is written as something that I should do as well as something Christ has already done. The words have an urgency and passion to them. It's not like grabbing something off the shelf at Shop-Rite as I am walking by to add to my heap of groceries, but it is a pursuing or chasing after something (think having your toddler run away from you and is heading into the street). God has something for me to chase after, to have passion for. He chased and pursued me with passion. Paul refers to straining for what is ahead. It involves stretching. There is a prize at the end of this crazy human race. It is worth the pain, the stretching, the pursuit. In my finite mind, one that likes instant gratification, I have trouble keeping that prize in sight. God help me not to get stuck in today and forget to keep moving.

No comments: