Sunday, March 6, 2011

Shout Out

Have I ever told you that I have the best family ever? I know, you really don't care all that much, unless you are, of course, a member of said family. In any case, I thought I would mention it once again.

Our winters are everything but boring. Indoor soccer takes care of all our weekends in January and February. Yesterday was our first free Saturday and we made good use of our time. God blessed us with sunshine and warmer weather so the kids spent the majority of the day outside. Grandma and Grandpa came over because the mommobile needed brake work that my sweetie couldn't do on his own. Grandma kept the kiddos busy picking up sticks and raking the winter yuck that had piled up. Our patio is now ready to enjoy some warmer weather. Angel cleaned out the sandbox, which thrilled my toddler and little one. She also was able to clean out her garden and get it ready to be tilled next month. How her garden is going to work is still up for debate as she will be gone all summer working at a Christian camp. In any case, I do look forward to fresh tomatoes and green beans.

The shed was another area that needed attention. When the van was finished, sweetie attacked that mess and the kids pitched in. We'll see how long that stays clean. My little man is hoping to sell some of his stuff on Craig's List, which will eliminate part of the clutter.

I attacked the laundry room on the inside of the house. (My mom would say that is no surprise as I usually opt for jobs inside rather than outside.) Once I found the floor, I knew that there was hope. You know it is bad when the kids were commenting on how good it looked and there were still piles all over the room. This is a difficult room to keep clean. Everyone thinks that it is a dump room. Here's to hoping that we can keep it looking good.

By the end of the day, we were wiped, so we enjoyed pizza for dinner, and everyone got early showers. With jammies on and pillows and blankies ready, the eight of us piled in the family room for a fun movie night. How to Train Your Dragon fit the bill.

Life brings challenges at every turn. Saturday was not one of them. It was good to feel tired after a day of hard work together.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Sounds like a perfect day!